- Building a deck is a construction project, so you should wear protective clothing and safety
equipment like safety glasses, gloves, long sleeves, and a mask, especially when cutting wood.
- Be sure you are following all building codes in your local area. Each project is unique, so determine the specific requirements of your deck before you begin installation.
- We recommend that all building plans are reviewed by a licensed architect, engineer or local building official before installation.
- Kebony boards should not be exposed directly to the elements before installation. Keep it enclosed in its original packaging or re-wrap it if previously opened.
- Kebony clear decking doesn’t require an acclimation period, so you can start installing your deck right away. We recommend waiting no longer than 7 days before installing.
- If you are using Step-Clip for Kebony fasteners, the strips should be stored indoors before use. Step-Clip for Kebony installs best between 40°F and 80°F or 4°C and 27°C. Do not leave Step-Clip strips exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time on hot days as the excessive heat can affect flexibility.